Site Network: Home |

Hi again,

I thought I would update the blog now instead of waiting for my code to work properly so the progress reports keep coming in on time.

Well I've worked on making sure figleaf now takes into account the C code coverage too. I added an additional command line option to figleaf "-c/-c-coverage" which take a comma separated list of directories that would make figleaf look for C code in those directories linked in with gcov options for C code coverage. figleaf would make sure gcov is called for all the files it finds with a .gcda extension, thus generating a C code coverage report for it.

This does add the restriction on figleaf that now it is compulsory to call it from the directory where the make for the project was executed from, as gcov requires it being called from the compilation directory.

I've to make a few modifications to the code achieving the above task, as it is still not very generic. And now I am thinking of getting either my own fork of figleaf, or talking to Titus Brown about where to send the patches to.

Next comes in the integration of the report generated by gcov and figleaf. I made sure the gcov reported is filed in the .figleaf file generated by figleaf, but once you try to convert that file into an html report, the figleaf2html generates a number of indentation errors for the C code. That shows figleaf2html is very Python specific, but I haven't had a detail look at it yet, and that's what I am suppose to do next.

Once this is achieved, I am well on my way doing all of this again for Py3k.

Seth, my mentor suggested adding a command line option to figleaf so it would look for the C directories listed in a file, instead of giving them all on the command line with the "-c/-c-coverage" option. I'll make sure that's incorporated.


Post a Comment